I have yet to write the story of how our little Ty became our little Ty...so here it goes.
Labor day weekend Drew and I found out that a procedure that we had done for the 4th time...trying to get pregnant...had failed. I can't even explain the depression that comes from this. Feeling crushed and lacking the faith and hope I had previously had, I felt like throwing the towel in. Three days later we received an email from Madison...Ty's birth mom...saying she wanted us to be the parents of her baby. She was due in two days! As you can ima
Honestly, it took a while for it all to sink in. "Is this really happening" is all I kept thinking. And after a mad rush to Babies-r-us to fill our home with baby necessities we got a call on September 13th at 6:00 in the evening saying she had gone into labor. He was born at 11:31 that night. We found tickets that would get us there at noon the following day. We were up all night...not just packing but we couldn't sleep because we were both filled with so much anticipation and excitement. We were so excited yet kept telling ourselves not to get to excited because there was a chance this might not happen for us... Madison would have 5 days after he wa
Madison's father met us at the New Orleans airport so we wouldn't get lost trying to find the small town of Hammond, LA. As we were walking up to the hospital entrance Justin...Ty's birth father...came out to meet us. He was really nice and seemed a little nervous...so were we. When we walked into the hospital room Madison was sitting in bed holding Ty with nine people filling the room...Madison and Justin's parents and some siblings... and all eyes were on us. All we could do was smile. But I don't remember breathing. Madison smiled and without hesitation lifted Ty up and placed him in my arms. H
When they handed Ty to us to take for the remainder of of the five day wait...Justin just lost it and sobbed. Hugging us both and kissing T
Later that night we went over to Madison's parents house for dinner and met more family members. Her family is amazing...such great people. We were there for several hours. Madison never desired to hold Ty...it was her way of not getting to attached...But at one point Justin placed him in her arms. She held him for about an hour and then I noticed her quietly slip away with him into another room. After about 20 minutes Madison's mom and I went to find her. We found her holding Ty in the dinning room... in tears. Seeing her in this state is a moment embedded in my soul. I had to le
We left that night with Ty in our arms and after a very emotional day we went to our hotel room and looked at our little guy and fell in love.
I don't think I slept all week. I kept wanting to feel his chest in the middle of the night to make sure he was breathing. We had so much fun staying in our hotel room for a week just the three of us. Drew and I both learning together how to be parents. Both of us wanting to hold him ALL the time. One time I fell asleep on the same pillow Ty was lying on and woke up to him sucking on my nose thinking it was his bottle....so cute!!
So...we were there for nine days in order for them to get all the paper work done. And we spent everyday with Justin and Madison and their families. We grew so close with all of them and felt like we got to know them. They both have such amazing families and this was so hard for them...yet they were so warm to us and wanted us to come over for dinner...lunch...all the time.
This experience was awesome. I was so hesitant of getting so close to Justin and Madison and their families. I'm grateful now because if Ty ever wonders about them I can tell him what they are like and what great people they are.
Now that it has been almost three months since this experience we still keep in touch with Justin and Madison through occasional emails.
But...I almost have forgotten that I wasn't the one who gave birth to him...he's mine...he's ours. And he is so darn cute!! I can't get enough of him. He's our little miracle.

14 comments:
Celeste,
I am sitting here with tears of joy dropping down my face. That is the most tender story and a testimony that miracles do happen on this earth. You and Drew are defiantly the parents for Ty...He is so sweet and I can only imagine how you love him...And with that we need to play if you are quitting work....
I am so excited that you are coming and that you have a blog now. Tell Drew thanks and that we know the sacrifice he had to make. We promise we make it worth his while.
I just decided to check your blog from Kelly's link to see if you had blogged about Ty yet. Your story is beautiful and I still have goosebumps. What a tender experience. Ty is so lucky. Sounds like he had a great, unselfish birth family and now he has an amazing mom and dad for his journey through life. No doubt Heavenly Father's hand was in all of this. Congratulations Celeste and Drew!
Pam Iorg
P.S. He is adorable!!!!!
Thanks for sharing that story... it brought tears to my eyes....I can't wait to meet the little guy, and for him and Leia to meet. I'm so jealous that he sleeps through the night though!!! I'm so excited that you'll get to stay home with him soon, I wouldn't give that up for anything in the world, and trust me you don't need any advise on what to do as a stay at home mom, you'll find that you don't have time to do everything you plan on doing that day, because, somehow watching that baby coo and babble and smile takes priority over everthing else... isn't being a parent so much fun!!!!
Celeste, you told that story so beautifully! I too, am sitting here, with tears falling down my cheeks, and goosebumps on my arms. I think you are the strongest person in the world for having gone through all that you have, and there's no doubt that this was meant to be. Heavenly Father truly has a way of answering prayers. I think it was really remarkable of you and Drew to get to know their families, whole-heartedly. It would be heart-wrenching, but what an experience to share together! I can't even tell you how happy I am for you, and there were so many times you were in my thoughts and prayers through all of this. I love you, and congratulations again!
oh my gosh celeste, I am totally crying! It's so good to catch up with you and your baby is beautiful! And what a beautiful story.. he's a lucky little boy! Congratulations on your new little miracle, enjoy him while he's little, it's really true how fast they grow! I have 3 and my baby is almost 6 months, it's crazy! If you are ever in town, please call, where do you guys live anyways?? Take care!
That is the sweetest story ever! I am so excited to meet Ty, he is so stinkin' cute!!!! Yes, we will be going to Arcata for Christmas. We will be there from the 21st through the 30th, Im so excited!
sorry, this is Lindsay Forsyth Barber who just left the comment, for some reason it left the comment under my husband mark but its me.
oh, we live in Highland, super close! Are you guys getting a lot of snow?? We just need to get Kelly here...
Pearson Fam, it made my day to hear from you guys. I am so happy you are blogging, and we can keep in touch more! We just love you guys! I absolutely loved reading the story and seeing these wonderful pictures of Ty and you guys! We're so happy for you guys, and so very happy that we have Ty in our family, it's so exciting! We love you, and I am adding you to our links!
Hi, I'm Erin Jami's sister. I just read your blog and was bawling. It is just amazing how these little spirits come into your life. I know he is meant to be yours too. I know exactly what you mean when you said you forget that you didn't give birth to them.
Jake and I both read your story and are so touched. I heard your version already, but to read it again was so great. There are some details I heard for the first time. We are so happy for you and I'm so glad that you really feel like Ty is yours. What a great feeling.
Thank you for sharing this with us. What a miracle it was to get him. I was thinking about you and praying for you the whole time. I love that you told me you forget you didn't give birth to him. It's all just so wonderful!
Post a Comment