Yesterday Drew's grandma, Betty Pearson... everyone called her grandma honey... passed away. She had had some problems a week earlier that put her in the hospital. She was getting better and then suddenly everything took a 180. Three days ago things weren't looking good and the Dr. said there wasn't much time left. They allowed each person some time alone with her to say good-bye. I never in my life have had to say good-bye to someone. But as Drew and I stood by her bed and Drew kissed her cheek and told her how much he loved her she got the biggest smile on her face. She was unconscious... but I know she heard every word he said. It was so sweet.
She was such a great woman. She is a woman with kindness and whit... she has such a great sense of humor and always has everyone laughing. This has been really hard for Drew and his family to lose such a important person in their lives. It was so hard to see Drew's grandpa cry, I can't even imagine after 60 years of marriage losing your spouse. She will be loved for many more generations and always remembered.



9 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss. Grandma Honey sounds like such a sweet lady!
Sorry about your loss, she sounds like an amazing person and great grandma!
Sorry to hear your sad news Pearsons-- may you look forward to a fabulous reunion one day!
It is so hard to lose someone so important to everyone, she is so lucky to have such a wonderful family that loves her so much. I hope they call her Grandma Honey in heaven he he!!
Please send Drew our condolences. She seemed like a wonderful woman. Isn't it wonderful we have eternal families? :
I'm so sorry!! I'm thinking of you all! She sounds like such a wonderful woman.
Oh Celeste, I got so choked up reading this. If I'm not mistaken, is this the grandma that I always heard funny stories about? I am so sorry for your loss. I would have loved to meet her, she seemed like such an amazing lady. And Drew's grandpa, I can't even imagine 60 years of marriage and losing your spouse. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Love you.
I am so sorry to hear! That is so hard loosing a loved one!
Aw!! She looks like an amazing woman! Our hearts go out to you and especially Drew.
Post a Comment