Sunday, July 04, 2010

4th of July at Heritage Park

If you haven't been up to Heritage Park ... or This is the Place... it is a must. We spent the 4th of July ... or I guess the 3rd of July ... cause that's how we roll in Utah when the 4th falls on a Sunday... up at Heritage Park and had a fabulous time. I had no idea what to expect and it was awesome. Totally kid oriented all hands on stuff at every house. It was so fun. If you haven't been there before you have to get up there. It is 7$ an adult and three and under are free. I learned that Wed. are 2$ days... Anyways we had a great time I would recommend it to everyone. Here were somethings we did...
Marie came along with us for the day.
Tilling the earth.
Washing clothes with a washing board.
Beating rugs.
Cart rides.
Watermelon.
Potato sack races.
Ty was to scared to sit in the chair and get a "shave" but Danny was so cute to do it.
Train Rides... Ty's very favorite.
Mechanical bull rides... Ty had to do this like four times in a row.

Panning for gold.

Pony rides
Making candles.

And a petting zoo.

It was a great way to spend the fourth.
Happy 4th of July!!!

8 comments:

Julia Murphy said...

Every one of those activities looks more fun than the one before! It sure does look like a great place to visit. I can't believe how BIG the boys are! It doesn't seem possible - Ty has absolutely transitioned from toddler to pre-schooler. Danny is just plain amazing.

Loved seeing that pic of Marie - looks like she was having fun too :)

Miss you and love you tons.

Jami and Family said...

How fun, I didn't realize that Heritage Park was so cool but I may have to take my kids there sometime. Your boys are so cute, I can't believe how fast Danny is growing up.

The McBrides said...

I don't think I have ever been! That looks like so much fun, I will have to take Halle some time!

Leslie said...

Fun! Your boys are getting so big!

Melissa said...

How fun! I've lived in Utah my entire life and have never been there. That is going to have to change.

crookstons said...

What a fun day! I have never been, Jaxson went on a field trip with day care and he loved it! I think I am going to have to make a trip!! What little cutie pies Ty and Danny are! I love the watermelon picture!!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Looks like so much fun! Ty was probably in heaven with all those activities. I would have loved to watch the bull riding I bet it was awesome!!

Garbett Family said...

How fun! When we come to visit next summer may we go there???