Sunday, January 20, 2008

We moved Ty into his nursery...and his crib.

A happy... yet sad time has come into our lives. Sad because my little cutie pie won't be sleeping next to me... even after four months I still look at him in the middle of the night to make sure he's okay and still put my hand on his chest to make sure he's breathing. Luckily we got one of those angle monitors that have a sensor...if the sensor stops moving for more than 10 seconds an alarm goes off...I even checked to make sure it works... so I can rest a little easier. Happy because now maybe Drew and I can get a little more sleep and we won't have to whisper when we stay up talking.
Last night was the first time he's slept in his crib. He did really well and I didn't have to get up once to make sure he was okay. I put him in the middle of the crib when he went to sleep and somehow by morning he had moved all the way to the top of the crib...I didn't know he could move!!
And the close up...Happy as a clam... as long as he has his little buddie to snuggle up with.
Here's his room! The cutest "TY" boards made by a lady in my ward who adopted a little girl a month before we got Ty.
Here he is chill'in in his chair...this is where he used to get fed in the middle of the night...now this is where we sit and read stories.

20 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

K that is that cutest nursery Ever! You guys did a great job with it...come over and help me!!!! I know exactly how you feel, it's so sad! When Lance was 4 months we finally moved him to his crib too, and I broke down crying, and thought my life was over! So funny! You're such a good mommy! Ty is so darn cute!

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

Funny, I'm just about to write about moving Leia into her own room and crib!!!

Nicki said...

I LOVE Ty's baby room!!

Sarie said...

Celeste, you're such a good mom! That chair looks comfy, I want to sit in it and someone can read a story to me!

Erik said...

Your nursery is so cute! You did a great job decorating it. Ty is so photogenic and seems like such a happy baby.

Debbi said...

What a cutie! I can't believe you lasted that long with him in your room, I must be horrible, I move both boys out before 6 weeks, I couldn't stand them grunting all night! (But we do live in small apartments so I can always hear them!) I love his nursery, it is wayy cute!

Kristan Carter said...

Cute Nursery...I love Ty he is getting so big and cute. I love my monitor as well. I have the hand held video monitor and it is my life savor. I tell Brian if it broke tomorrow I would run and by another one....

Lindsay said...

SUPER cute! I love it! You have such great taste!

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

I forgot... when are you coming over to decorate Leia's room.. and my whole apartment? you have such great taste and talent for decorating. I bet the little guy loves his room.

Kasey said...

SO cute! I love his nursery. And he is such a cutie. Love the picture of him sitting in his chair.

Garbett Family said...

Amazing you lasted that long, I think Benjamin was 2 weeks before we gave him the boot. Two men snoring in one room was enough for me!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Good job Ty! can you teach Sophie!! Cute pics of Ty in his room.

Amanda said...

His room is adorable. I can't wait to get Bentley into his own room. He is so noisy. He grunts tons!!!

Mindy said...

That is so cute that he moved thourgh the night. He is such a little cutie!!! The nursery looks great.

Kelly said...

His room is adorable! I'm so jealous. I'm on kid number three and still don't have either of their rooms decorated completely. Way to go!

Nicki said...

CELESTE: YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!

The rules are: Once you have been tagged you have to write a blog with 10 weird random things, facts, or habits about yourself. At the end, you choose 10 people to be tagged. Don't forget to leave a comment that says, "you've been tagged" on their profile and tell them to read your blog.

Shauna said...

Love the room!! I love the shelves and litle bins. Of course we always like the same things. Boston usually sleeps in his crib, but since he has been sick we have him back in the basinet with us(poor little guy can't breath very well)

Shauna said...

Love the room!! I love the shelves and litle bins. Of course we always like the same things. Boston usually sleeps in his crib, but since he has been sick we have him back in the basinet with us(poor little guy can't breath very well)

Cyndi said...

Celeste, your nursery is "magazine worthy" and Ty is just cuter with each month!

Lindsey said...

He is so adorable! Good job on the transition too - what a great baby.