Saturday, June 21, 2008

Sacramento with the Fam... and camping in Tahoe


This last week we were able to spend a few days with my family in Sacramento and then on our way home we spent Father's Day and a few days camping in Tahoe just the 3 of us. This lake is seriously amazing... and seriously freezing. Although we couldn't really dive in and go swimming it was refreshing to put your feet in it after baking in the heat for a while. It was so nice to spend some time with our little family. All our vacations are always with friends and family.... which I absolutely LOVE... but it was nice to spend some time with just us. Sometimes I forget that just the three of us make a family.Here's Drew and Ty in their Father's Day shirts.

We had fun hiking ... Ty was in heaven in this backpack.... thank you Brandon and Mindy for letting us use it. He talked and talked the entire hike it was really cute.
We didn't swim but we were able to go kayaking for a while... Ty fell asleep half way through and we spent like 15 minutes going in circles trying to get his binki that fell in the water... those float really well by the way.
Ty had so much fun in the tent... and at night he was obsessed with the lantern... Drew would move it around the tent and he would crawl all around trying to get it.

We went to Sacramento for a few days to see my family and to be a part of Sam's baby blessing. It was fun having all the cousins together. We spent most of the time playing in the pool... it was so hot there... I loved it.
My sister and her 1 year old Ben.
My brother Ryan's little man Jake.
Ty getting tossed in the air... he loved it!! ... Can you see that huge grin on his face... he was laughing the hole time.

My sister Alina and my brother Ryan's little girl Emma.
Okay... we really aren't bad parents... Ty seriously loved to just float around the pool like this and just chill while talking to himself and playing with the zipper on his vest. ...at least you know these life jackets really work!

19 comments:

Elizabeth Checchio said...

What a trooper! There is no way Miles would stand for any of that. He is such a home body. I am totally jealous. I love Nor Cal (home sweet home for me) I am so glad that you guys get to spend so much time together as a fam.

Debbi said...

you guys are like world travelors! You go so much I can't keep up. I had fun with you guys at lunch and little Ty is such a cutie. Even wade looks at your blog and comments about how cute he is to me! Love the pictures!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! Ty is so cute in all the pictures!!

Jody said...

Isn't Tahoe beautiful??

That picture of Ty in mid-air is pretty much awesome.

Garbett Family said...

Hmmm. Some of these pics look like the ones on my blog... It was great having you there! Looks like you had a great time in Tahoe, you are much braver than I am to go camping with a baby!

Shauna said...

What a fun trip!! We're going camping this weekend. Ty is seriously so cute and it looks like he had a great time. Love the life jacket!

Leslie said...

How fun! The camping, the lake, little Ty, it all sounds and looks so nice. That last pic of Ty and hearing how he likes to float around is so funny. Our kids always freak out on their back's in life jackets. Oh and the kayaking circling for the binky, I love it!

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

What a fun trip! I love those pictures of Ty,he's so cute on his back, just chilling! I would have freaked out i think if that had been Leia beeing tossed in the air!!! H

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

That looked like such a fun trip. Ty is going to be a tough kid and a fun kid too, I think anyway. I love that picture of him being tossed around in the pool. I hope Hazel will do that, I was always so scared of that kind of thing.
We had so much fun hanging out too!! I hope we can get together more often. Talk to you soon!
Tricia

chrissy said...

Ty is getting so big, the pics are adorable

Kelly said...

He is such a cute little boy and so easygoing. What a cute personality. I can't believe he loved floating around the pool like that!

You are such a cute family. How fun to camp in Tahoe. Congrats Donna.

Angie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I love cali. Great pics!!

Melissa said...

Ty is getting so big! he is so adorable I love the picture of him in the pool just chillin!

Erin Marriott said...

What a fun trip!! And Ty is smiling in all his pictures! He looks like such a happy baby. I can't believe how big he's getting...he looks so grown up in his little camping attire! You guys are such cute parents...and I love the one of him floating in his life jacket, he looks like he's in complete heaven.

Mindy said...

Oh my Gosh what cute pics. I love the binki in the water and the lantern story. How cute. It is so good that Ty loves to float in the water. Get him used to it so he won't be scared later. What a fun get away. It is good to see some pics of your sisters. Ben is darling! How fun for you three!!

The McBrides said...

I love Sacramento! It looks like you guys had SUCH as fun trip! Ty just keeps getting cuter and cuter, I love the pictures!

Amanda said...

What a fun weekend. I love it in Sacramento...still haven't made it to Tahoe!!! The lake does look gorgeous!

Sarie said...

Hilarious about the binky falling in the water! That just cracks me up. Looks like a fun trip w/family! We are all so grown up now and having kids. Time flies.

Quinn said...

wow! I'm impressed that you guys went camping just the 3 of you! I'm so intimidated by that! I have nightmares of being alone in a tent with all 3 kids in the middle of the night. Randy really wants us to go. I'm hoping he'll be satisfied with a backyard campout for this summer. ha, ha. Love that photo of Ty chilling in the pool in his life vest! What a great baby!