Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Teaching Ty "no"

So... Ty is at the age where he is hearing "no no no" much to often... yet he hasn't seemed to grasp the concept like we'd like him to. Instead it has become the cutest little game for him. Whenever he hears us say "no no no" he starts shaking his head "no" ... it's so funny and so cute. The best is when we are out in public and some one says "no no" to their own kids and Ty starts shaking his head no.
His other new trick is "3 pointer ...swoosh!" ... you'll just have to see it on the second video. He is so into games and mimicking everything we do. It's such a fun stage for us.

12 comments:

LuCDay said...

Hmmm, I wonder why he's not getting the concept down of "no". You guys are such a cute little family. Love the videos, Ty's a cutie!

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

How cute,That's so funny how he just shakes his head. they're growing up so fast!!! Leia just squeals when we say no and gets mad!!So I think she knows what it means, just has my temper!!!

The Turner Family said...

Ty is so dang cute. I love this age when they are beginning to catch onto every little thing and start talking. I'm so glad I was able to see you and Ty. We'll have to get together again.

Garbett Family said...

How cute. Benjamin just screams and throws himself on the floor when he is told "no"... can't wait until he reaches the terrible twos.. LOVE the "three pointer", he really is Drew's son!!!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

OK, so he's the sweetest thing. I love the videos, it gives me such a greater sense of his personality.
Its so great he is hitting all those milestones. It is so fun to watch them learn and grow.

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

How cute!! I thought it was so funny when i told Sophie or Bree no last night at the pool and Ty just starts shaking his head. He is so smart!Maybe he will be like Sophie and say no to everything even if it is supposed to be yes.

Quinn said...

I once heard that kids don't grasp the "no" concept fully until they're older than one. Instead of expecting them to respond earlier, they recommended the best thing you can do is just distract them away from what you don't want. This has mostly worked for my kids. The best part of that advice was I stopped beating myself up about how badly I was parenting because my child wouldn't respond to "no." Now Tate knows "no" really well & will stop when persuaded (threatened, ha, ha) & Claire just thinks it's a hilarious game to tell her "no." "No" is a never-ending parenting battle, I'm thinking... That's so cute how Ty is responding! (sorry I just babbled off there!)

BTW, a HUGE thanks to Drew for coming to help us out last weekend with our sprinkler system! Him & Tom were amazing! Thank you for sparing Drew for the night. We are in awe at you guys' generosity & kindness! love you both!

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

Those videos are so cute!!! I love the 3 pointer swoosh - that is awesome!!!

Mindy said...

Oh how I love that kid. He is such a solid little guy! Cute videos

Lindsay said...

How cute is he? I just want to eat him up! He is so dang funny!

Jeremy said...

Crazy cute Celeste, what a hunk! My little Kaitlyn already got a good prospect :-)

Anonymous said...

What a little stud! That is soooo cute!