Monday, August 25, 2008

Inna & Alina came to visit

I've been terrible at reading posts these last three weeks... so sorry! ...being out of town and then my 17 year old twin sisters ...Inna and Alina... came to visit me for the last two weeks. Well... it was supposed to be for eight days but their flight ended up being canceled so they stayed an extra 6 days!! Which I was so happy about because we have a great time together. We had so much shopping and going to the movies... boating... Temple Square... the zoo. I love it when these girls are around... they make me feel young again. Now I'm so sad they are gone!


An amazing trip to Temple Square. We spent the entire day here. A Sister Missionary from Ukraine gave us a tour and talked to the girls in Russian the entire time. They told me that she told them the story about how someone gave her a book of Mormon, she read it, and it changed her life. We watched the Testaments in Russian as well. They had such a great time... they weren't wanting to leave.


We had so much fun going boating... both the girls tried wake boarding for the first time and did great... they both got up and had a blast. ...this is Inna wake boarding.
Alina wake boarding.
And of course fun on the tube... until someone gets hurt!!

P.s. for those of you who don't know my parents adopted these girls from the Ukraine about a year and half ago. They didn't know any English when they first came here. They have been so much fun to have in our family.

Funny things Ukrainians say... do...
1. I came home to them watching the Spanish channel... 
2. They saw a picture if me with my pierced belly button (...back in the day) and said "baby problem?" (they thought maybe that was the reason I've had trouble getting pregnant)
3. When I pushed the garage door opener in my car to open the garage they were fascinated .... "how?!!" as they pointed to the opening garage. And then fought over who got to push it each time we came home. :)
4. As they see me filling my cup with Diet Coke... "Diet... make you skinny?" ...ummmm ya .... sure it will!
5. Trying on clothes... when something is to small they say "it's to tiny" and when something is to big they say "it's to huge" ... I love it... it's so cute! 
.... I will add to the list as I think of them... I want them to be able to read these when they get older.

14 comments:

Julia Murphy said...

Celeste -

I hope when Elder Murphy gets back from the Russia Yekaterinburg Mission your sisters will come visit you again! I know he's planning on visiting with you and Drew to get you caught up on his mission. Anway, what a fun way to work on the language skills all the way around.

Ty is precious! So are your sisters!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

I had so much fun with the girls, thanks for letting me and the girls tag along!! I had so much fun learning about the Ukraine and seriously cannot wait for them to come back again...I will make sure that I smile really big and get really excited when I say Hello. Hopefully they remember and laugh!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a really great time! I didn't know about them, how cool!!! I love the list of things they said-sooooo cute!

Sarie said...

I bet you loved having the company and the help with Ty!! They look so fun. You look so cute Celeste!!

Christi said...

I had no idea that your Mom and Dad had adopted, that is very very cool. I loved the pictures!

Shauna said...

sounds like you had a fun time with your sistas!!! They are really cute and they do say some funny things! I miss you and hope we can get together soon. I wish we lived closer so Boston and Ty could have play dates.

Elizabeth Checchio said...

They are so beautiful! What an amazing set of parents you have. It must be crazy to all of a sudden have to little sisters. :)
I love all the quotes...more please!!!

Jami and Family said...

That is so awesome! I knew your parents adopted them but I guess I didn't realize they were so old! That is so great that they were able to come and spend so much time with your family! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Kristan Carter said...

I love your new pictures of you and your family. Your sisters are so cute. I would love just one of them around to play with Kali when she is bored with me. I love older girls, sometimes I wish I had a five year old.

Leslie said...

You're such a good sister Celeste. I love the funny things they say, that's great!

AmandaS said...

Pierced belly button, eh?? I had no idea you had such a wild side! I love it!

Zanzi & Buzz said...

They are so cute! I've heard so much about them from my mom, but haven't been home to meet them! How fun to have two little sisters all of a sudden!

Unknown said...

That's awesome that they loved Temple square!! They look very happy, and so cute!! Watch out boys!

Kelly said...

Those girls are so cute. It was fun getting to know them better when you came here. Did I ever tell you how much it meant to me that you drove here just to see little old me? I hope you will do it again and next time it won't be so crazy and we can go do some things! Love you!