Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sylvie-Anne, Salem, & Silver Falls

I've spent this last week hanging out with my great friend Sylvie (friends from BYU-Hawaii)... she lives in Salem, OR while her husband attends Law School. She had a little baby girl... Leia... born the same day as Ty and we haven't been able to get together until now. The two kids had so much fun playing together... so did we.

Here we are at Silver Falls... it's so beautiful. The hike was a bit strenuous when you're caring an extra 20 lbs... and it even managed to rain and hail while we were making our way up the mountain... the kids were so great and didn't complain once.

You actually get to walk behind the falls... and get soaking wet... it's so fun.

Although it was a little cold... both Ty and Leia were toopers.

Of corse... we had to take a trip to the beach!


And here the two of them are having a blast in this awesome shopping cart... extremely hard to steer though. Ty would drive the wheel and Leia would look at him and put her hand on his shoulder... it was too cute.


People in the store kept asking if they were twins.


We had such a great time while we were there... the time went by way to fast. Ty's going to miss having a buddy to play with, eat with, and bath with. 

19 comments:

Sarie said...

Wow, what a great trip! I totally remember Sylvie Ann! We had some good times when she came to Utah! They do look like twins. The photo of you and Ty is gorgeous, Celeste, you are such a beautiful mom!

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

We miss you guys!!! Time did go by fast, hopefully we can do this again sometime this year, we'll have to come visit you in SLC, or meet up at in BL!! Wish we lived closer!

Shauna said...

Sounds like a fun trip! You have to frame the picture of you and Ty--such a great picture.

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! What a beautiful place to visit.

Lindsay said...

I love the picture with the two of them in the Costco shopping cart, they look like a little old married couple-SO cute! And Celeste, you are a hot mama!

Debbi said...

they really do look alike! Those carts and the best and the worst! Your trip looks fun and I love the beach picture!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Those falls look amazing. So beautiful. You are so brave, I need to take Miles more places.
And those two look so adorable together. I know what people were thinking, they do look like twins. :)

Mindy said...

I didn't know you went there. How fun is that? Love the pictures of you guys. Cute as always.

Zanzi & Buzz said...

AHHHH, you were in Salem and didn't call me! I would have popped down to see you! It's so close to Portland! Oh well, maybe next time! I don't even know where you live...

Kristan Carter said...

Looks like you had so much fun. I haven't seen Syvia ann forever..she looks great and her little girl is so cute. Great job on the hike...I want to do that one..

Kasey said...

How fun! It looks gorgeous. I love the picture of you and Ty on the beach. Definitely one to frame! You are beautiful.

The Turner Family said...

Looks like an awesome trip! Ty is getting so big and so good looking! what a stud!

Angie said...

Looks like you had alot of fun!!! Love all the gorgeous pics. Fun!!!! Angie

Erin Marriott said...

What a fun trip for you guys! Those two look like twins, how adorable they have the same birthday. Congratulations, on your new nephiew...your poor sister. 10.8 lbs? What a trooper! He's a doll, I bet she's so happy.

Erin Marriott said...

woops, I spelled nephew wrong. Wish we could edit our comments. :)

Lance and Becky said...

How beautiful! The waterfall is amazing! What a great trip! Ty is so handsome...like always :)

Jenny Hart Turk said...

You guys look like you had so much fun! Oregon is so beautiful! What cute little kids!

Jami and Family said...

Wow! Looks like fun! The falls were beautiful, I can't believe you hiked with Ty on you loke that. It makes me so tired when I carry my girls like that! Its fun to have 2 around the same age. Alot of twin comments I bet from the grocery store! I get them everywhere I go!

Melanie said...

how cute is that! I love the shopping cart pics! They do look like they could be twins.