So... at our gym (Gold's) we have a Cardio Cinema that is filled with about 8 rows of cardio workout equipment like bikes, treadmills, elipticals. etc. They play movies all day long on a huge movie screen with surround sound...which can be great... but also has it down sides.
I love it because I can be totally entertained for an hour while I workout and also because I feel like I can run harder and push myself more because I can get as red in the face as I want... sweat like crazy... and no one can really see me because it's so dark in there.
But when movies like Armagedon are playing I find myself crying along with the women running next to me... which totally dampers your workout and instead of just getting red in the face my eyes get swollen!! And... like last week when Cloverfield was playing a lady behind me totally screamed at the top of her lungs on a scary part and almost sent me flying off the treadmill!!
But I think today was the worst... someone somewhere in the room kept passing the worst yuckiest gas!!! I was only half way though my run when it started... I wanted to throw up and after several minutes of trying to breath through my mouth and not my nose... I gave up and had to leave.
Ummm ya.... don't know if it's worth it.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Cardio Cinema at the gym.... + and -
Posted by Celeste at 12:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
yuck! yeah, I totally would have had to leave too, that sounds soo gross!
that is too funny...I can just picture you looking around wondering who was farting! ha ha..thanks for the laugh. Working out to a movie sounds like fun!
Wow that's cool, a cinema. I've never heard of that. I bet it's nice not to have to use headphones. Maybe I could actually go longer than 2 miles - treadmills bore me to tears! Good for you though! Do you use the childcare there? How is it?
Okay, really gross. I'm jealous though, who watches Ty so you can go?
That is so funny. We usto have Golds Memberships and I LOVED cardio cinema except they kept playing the same ones over and over again. Never had the gas thing happen, but I can imagine that could really be a downer!
That's hilarious! And gross. Our gym in American Fork had a cinema room too. And when a movie comes on that has like a steamy romantic scene? it's a little awkward running next to a guy, ya know?
That is so funny and seriously yucky!!
I have never heard of such a thing! That is crazy. I think I would fall of the eliptical if I were in the dark! Good for you for getting to the gym often. And at least you weren't in yoga when the person was passing gas....all that deep slow breathing....thats the worst.
Love the cardio cinema; however I don't seem to make it very often anymore. Stinks your good run turned into that! better luck next time :)
I'm glad you found us! I've decided I like blogging way better than facebook and myspace. It's so much more personal. Kinda like a window into peoples lives. Ty is sooo cute! Being a mom is super fun! So are you guys going to make it to Burley for a pull on the lake? We'd love to get to meet the little guy and see you guys again. Hugs!
Go Celeste...You Rock...The other day I went through tonz of college pictures that brought back lots of memories...I may have to do a post. Do you want to play this next week? Call me or text me if you are FREE
Post a Comment