Friday, July 04, 2008

Memories

Memory Lane...
I got this from a friend's blog. I thought it would be fun! I hope you will play along. Here are the directions:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments

13 comments:

Debbi said...

Funny memories, that bithday part is a great one! I remember that you always ate all these healthy-granola things that I had never even heard of, since I was from hickville of Arkansas. It was funny. I remember coming to that dinner at the park for you and Drew and your wedding reception at that pretty outdoor reception. Loved it!

Sarie said...

Laying out at girl's camp, writing letters back and forth with fake boy names, showing up at your high school, meeting that your friend Ryan from Arcata that Laurel ended up kissing, the little tiny baby voice that you and me and Tara always did, listening to Bob Marley in your room, and ALWAYS ALWAYS dancing to something.
xoxo. Miss ya.

Garbett Family said...

What do I say? You're my baby sister. And now we both have babies of our own. I have known you longer than anyone, except Mom and Dad, and even then they only got a few hours head start of me. I remember you always wanting to fix my hair, and I loved it. You and Tiffany would split my face in half and each put make-up on one side. When you were seven or so you made me this funky white polyester apron with red felt letters that read, "I love to cook" glued on it. You gave it to me for Christmas, I was so touched at how hard you had worked on it. I still have it... Remeber those plays we always put on? I have the one you recorded and we acted out. I remember when I was a freshman at BYU and you were a sophmore in high school you called me one day crying. I think that was the first time I really appreciated how much I loved you as a sister. Remember the summer after my mission and before yours when we drove out to see Grandma Seely? We spent most of the trip trashing our boyfriends who had cheated on us. Then the summer we drove to Colorado again to see Grandma--the last time we saw her--and you taught me a few things about the facts of life. I'm sure Michael appreciates it! :) I remember seeing you when you went through the temple and how beautiful you were on your wedding day. I rember crying when I found out you were finally going to get to be a mom. Hey there little sis, I love you so much. I'm so, so grateful to have you as a sister. Wish we could see you more often.

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

My first memory was a night that you and Drew came over and we played games. I didn't really know anything about you and Drew but during the game you and Drew were so mean to eachother and competitive I was laughing so hard. I knew we would have to be good friends with you guys because thats how Tom and I are when we play games. It is so sad that we all can't play games together now because Tom, Drew and I are a little too competitive!!!a** Hole Drew can't play fairly!!!he he!

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

So many good memories!! Like when we spent 4hours at savers trying on a million outfits, including wedding dresses!! Or the day we got our longboards, and I crashed.getting your letters while on the mission. Remember going to a house we didn't really know and just started dancing, either in the living room or the bedroom, can't remember (that also happens to be the house where I first met Eliot!!).
and Hey, remember the day we went to silverfalls and totally toughed it out with the babes... and yes, you are way tougher than me, I tried hiking with her in the front carrier, it wasn't fun!
Miss you tons..

Unknown said...

I don't have a blog for you to reciprocate, but I remember being awe-struck at your amazing talent as you and your brother (I think it was him) led the ward in teaching us swing for the Stake Dance Festival. I never did learn it well, but was a happy spectator. As a "young" young man in the ward and friend of your younger brother Keith, I appreciated the examples you and the other young women of the ward set for us of what modest, wholesome sisters should be doing. :)

Mindy said...

My memory goes back to your wedding and seeing your face when "the doll" arrived. Courtisy of Ruthy! That is so funny to me. You were so good to just let it be.

Christi said...

MY CRAZY HIPPIE CHIC!!! I remember the night that crazy guy was doing gross things out side our apartment building and we were scared and slept together. I also remember the long ride to Cali when you tried to convence me that smoking was bad for the enviroment! :) I loved having you here in KY ! I hope we can do that agian someday!

Lindsay said...

I remember always thinking you were so cool and so pretty. I remember you letting me borrow your PU cheer outfit for halloween and I thought I was so cool. I remember wanting you and Tommy to date so someday we could be related. I remember how nice you always were, and still are. You are such a wonderful person and I'm so greatful to know you!

Jami and Family said...

I remember driving home from Las Vegas in Drew's parents huge van in the worst snow storm ever. It was me, Doug, Talmage, Heather, and you and Drew. I am pretty sure it was one of the first times we ever hung out. We were all watching friend episodes and trying not to think about how fast we were driving and if we were going to make it home alive or not!

Shauna said...

Which memory to pick... there are so many of them. You cut those watermelon so cute...Oh and the temptation is soo strong. Or "let's get back to woods body." Or Mr. giggles, dinners at the Creeechios. Going back to St.Louis for Mikki's wedding. Late night talks about dating Drew and Tooft. So many good times!

Anonymous said...

I remember being at your house in Prove longboarding in the street and one day it was pouring rain after school--the hardest downpour ever and you and I went out and danced in the rain in our p.j's doing cartwheels and everything. Do you even remember that? I've got the coolest pictures of it!

Unknown said...

I remember you showing us your moves up at Bear Lake (it must have been your first summer with us). You got skills! So much for this shy, naive returned missionary. You go girl!