Monday, February 09, 2009

This week so far...

Ty got his first shiner today... 3 stitches... and I am feeling like a horrible mom. We were at the bank and he slipped and hit the corner of the counter where they keep all the deposit slips and stuff. Blood was every where and all the tellers were running to my aide with tissue boxes. Luckily one teller went and grabbed a sucker and gave it to him trying to calm him down. As soon as the sucker hit his tongue he stopped crying and said "ummmm!" It was pretty funny. 

Getting stitches is something I hope to never go through again... but I'm sure I will at some point. They put Ty in this straight jacket thing and he screamed through the whole thing. After it was over Drew picked him up and gave him his binkie to try and calm him down... he took the binkie and angrily through it at the doctor. 

He's been surprisingly really happy since the event... I think it's all the sugar... he's probably had four suckers so far and then we took him out to get a chocolate shake after the "surgery."

On a good note...Ty started Kindermusic this week and loves it. He practically giggles through the entire 40 minutes. Oh... and he loves to rock out to moms itunes.
Drew bought Ty a little basketball and has been working with Ty on learning how to dribble. Ty loves it... totally can't do it... but loves to watch Drew and then throw the ball as hard as he can.

15 comments:

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

Oh no!!! I can't imagine what it must have felt to see him bleed like that!! I'm glad he's ok, hooray for sugar!!

Sarie said...

Poor baby!! Moms always blame themselves, but don't worry, it was bound to happen. He's a boy!

LuCDay said...

Little boys and the ER, they just can't stay away from each other. Poor babe!

ETCK said...

You are definitely not a horrible mom, although I'm sure I would feel like one too in your situation. He sure is a cute little boy!

Garbett Family said...

Poor guy, poor sister, yea for suckers!

Kristan Carter said...

Oh my goodness. I hope Kali never has stitches...You are not a bad mom...I am sure every mom with a boy has gone through stitches at some point. I am glad he is feeling better.

Christi said...

Bless his heart!! He looks so sweet though with his little shiner!! Stitches are tough! Colin had his first during the summer and I was panicked!! I can't wait to see you this spring!!

Elizabeth Checchio said...

Poor little guy, and poor you! It is so hard to see them in pain, or afraid. i am glad that its over, and he is back to his old self.
I actually think its funny that he threw his binky at the doctor....at least you weren't the one on the other end of that.

Lindsay said...

You are a great mom! Ty is such a little cutie, I'm happy to hear he is doing well. I agree with Donna, yay for suckers!

Schrievers in a Nutshell said...

So sad that they had to put him in a straight jacket, I bet that sucked. Your an awesome mom, accidents happen and I am sure the Ty guy is going to have many more ouchies to come. I love having Kindermusik with Ty because he giggled the entire time...what a stud muffin!! Sophie will dig the scar one day he he!!

Nicki said...

awe poor guy, hope he's back to running around like the crazy toddler that he is soon! and i echo what sarah said... boys are bound to get a few good war wounds, it makes them tough before other little boys do it for them!

Unknown said...

oh how sad! Love the fact that the sucker made all the pain go away. Kindermusic sounds fun! He's such a lil stud!

Shauna said...

sorry the above comment was from me...I was on my dads laptop...oops!

Shauna said...

sorry the above comment was from me...I was on my dads laptop...oops!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh, poor guy!! Isn't it so hard to see your kids in pain? You are such a great, don't ever doubt yourself! We've been to the ER once with Lillie, (and I'm sure it won't be our last) and I felt like a horrible mom. But you just have to tell yourself, it's not your fault and things just happen. That's so funny that he threw his binky at the Dr! I'm sure he LOVED that chocolate shake after a hard day. Give him a little squeeze for me! I'm glad he's okay!